1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for H-1 Hummer

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Hummer Joe, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Hummer Joe

Hummer Joe Junior Member

I am looking to purchase a V Extreme Fisher Plow or Meyer V-2 for my H-1 Hummer. Which is better? Has anyone used a plow or even a snow blower attachment with an H-1? Any recommendations? If so, I have questions about the mounting they want to covert the lights to 24 volts, which I don't think I need if wired correctly, since I have two 12-volt batteries. Looking for input from the experienced.

2. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=106565

might want to talk to the guy who posted that thread...

Good Luck!

Keith

www.bertoglandscape.com

3. shelvie

shelvie Junior Member
    from NJ

if you have two batteries doesnt necessarily mean you are running 24v.. only if the batteries are ran in series. Most likely they are ran in parallel so you only running 12v.

4. Hummer Joe

Hummer Joe Junior Member

Thank you for confirming that for me.

5. Hummer Joe

Hummer Joe Junior Member

Thank you for your time and help. I did talk with him, and he helped me alot. Going with the Meyer Super V 8.5 foot.

6. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Actually got a call from Meyer 6-8 week lead time for the mount

7. rddiehl

rddiehl Junior Member

H1's are 24v systems.

8. Hummer Joe

Hummer Joe Junior Member

That's what someone else told me. I wasn't going to go to with him because I didn't think he knew what he was talking about. Better check again.

9. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Give Arrowhead in Albany NY a call, they have done Fisher plows on Military Hummers.

10. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Aren't H1 Hummers rare collectors items now?

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

H-1 are a mixture of 24 and 12 volts, while some engine components and starters are 24 volts light wiring is 12.

12. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Time to get a voltmeter and take a few readings......

13. Hummer Joe

Hummer Joe Junior Member

Found Arrowhead, and they helped me with regard to the size of the plow and mount size. They have trouble getting them too.

14. Hummer Joe

Hummer Joe Junior Member

Looks like I'm going back to the Fisher.

15. Hummer Joe

Hummer Joe Junior Member

Guess it should be, but ya gotta do what you gotta do.

16. Hummer Joe

Hummer Joe Junior Member

Talked with an H1 Certified Mechanic (almost as extinct as the Hummer). Civilians are 12 volt, and military 24 volt. Only reason for the extra battery is to help start the diesel engine.

17. Hummer Joe

Hummer Joe Junior Member

I think I'll suggest that to the people installing the mount.

18. Hummer Joe

Hummer Joe Junior Member

I am so thankful to all of you experienced plowers for taking the time to help me with your experience. I have now ordered the Fisher XtremeV 8.5'. The mount is coming from Arrowhead. They make them for the military humvees for the Fisher blades, and will be revised locally for the 12 volts that the civilian hummers take. Should have it in two weeks. Once I start going and have problems, I know where to turn!

19. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707