1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow for gmc 98

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dutchman, Dec 31, 2005.

1. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

I bought a GMC 1998 Sierra 1500. I like to put a plow on it can somebody help me out on this one. I looked at a Western standard 7'6" 614lbs. I have been told i am not able to use a Fisher RD 7'6" but that one is 630lbs so I don't see much differents in the lbs can you help me out.....Cornelis:drinkup:
  2. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

you should be able to use any 7'6 plow you want on that truck honestly, Crank the bras and put timbrens on.
  3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

What about a Fisher 7'6" LD? It is a good middle of the road plow. I wanted an RD, but love the weight and ease of the LD!:)
  4. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

He said bras.
  5. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

thanks for the reply....I looked at the LD but I think it is not as good as the RD I will plow 10 drive way's with it and 1 Commercial the rest I will do with my Chevy K2500.