1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for ford 1/2 ton

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by K20Fisher, Mar 5, 2008.

1. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

:waving:I have a ford 150 supercrew cab 5'1/2 bed 5.4L V8 and have 2 about 350foot drives one is a house and one is my barn aith a small parking lot what size plow should I get ant would my truck have a problem. oh ya its dirt.
  2. cobraman

cobraman Member

I've been plowing all year with a 7 1/2' SnoWay on my F150 with no problems. Just make sure to put the ballast in the bed and plow away. Check the SnoWay subforum. Alot of helpful people there. One of the commercial buildings I do has a gravel lot. I just put the "shoes" on to raise the plow up and don't use the down pressure so I'm not plowing gravel.
  3. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

run a 7'6''meyer on mine 4th year now
  4. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Well your name says it all, and you ARE in the heartland of the best plow ever made (Fisher, based in Maine). It would seem to be a no-brainer from where I sit.
  5. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

What year Super Crew?

What year super Crew do you have?

I have a couple of potential plows for your truck! If your interested call me at 508 753 6617

7.5' Diamond trip edge ( like a Fisher) $2350 complete! ( plow in the middle)
    8' Meyer non Commercial EZ mount Classic $2200 Complete! ( fits 97-03 F150 / 250 LD)
  6. Bibbo

Bibbo Senior Member

7. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Oh! when did Meyer make a trip edge plow?! I knew Fisher made them for YEARS before Meyer bought Diamond.
  8. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member