1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for F-250 Super Duty

Discussion in 'Western SnowPlows' started by Rooster, Feb 6, 2002.

1. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

I have a F-250 Super Duty with supercab. The front axle is rated at 4,800. I was told that Western does not make a plow for my truck.

Why is this? I went to a Fisher Dealer gave him the same information as the Western Dealer, and Fisher has a plow that will work for my truck!

Rick

2. Evan528

Evan528 PlowSite.com Veteran

Rick, your truck does not have the plow prep package wich gives this truck wich comes with 5200LB springs. You can easily have them upgraded by a shop (ford will not do it).

3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

I agree with Evan,the difference seems to be springs only,this should raise your front GVWR to 5200,although its still 4800 legally speaking.If you have a powerstroke,that explains the reason too,if you only havea 5.4 i would think Western would be able to mount their plow.

4. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Sorry, I did forget to mention I have a 6.8 V10 engine.

So All I have to do is change the springs??????

Okay I'll look into that.

Also, Does anyone know if a dealer can get me a print out of what equipment my truck has on if from the factory, if I give them the vin?

Thanks!

Rick

Last edited: Feb 6, 2002
  5. Evan528

Evan528 PlowSite.com Veteran

Dont know about the original sticker but wanted to congragulate you on your new baby BTW ;)

6. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Evan,

Thanks, I'll post some pics soon!

7. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Rooster,

What you need are the "V" code front springs. Your local dealer will have them and they run $100-135 ea. Your truck most likley has "U" code front springs. You can find out by looking at the door jamb sticker under "SPR". The first letter is the front springs and the second is the rears.

Your front axle is rated for 5200 lbs., it's the "U" code springs that limit it to 4800 lbs.

Greg

8. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Don't worry about Rooster. He got a plow. Just from a different leg of Douglas Dynamics. I guess the big guy gets the money either way.

9. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Thanks Dock Boy,

I did find out that the front end was rated at 4,800 lbs.

After getting ahold of an Engineer at Western, I was informed thru Customer Service of a number to call regarding exactly how to get my truck recertified after I replaced the front springs.

BTW: The Western Engineer did tell me that there are plows that will fit my truck, which I knew, just that the local dealer only reads part of the Western data given to them.

Thanks to all for your help!!!!!

Rick