1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow for f-150

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ford f-150 222, Jan 29, 2008.

1. ford f-150 222

ford f-150 222 Junior Member
    from 60143

Hi I am looking to buy a plow for my 2001 f-150 4x4 5.4 V8 ext. cab. I have been looking at sno-way, meyer, and western. it will only be for my drive way and to help people in the neighbor hood. I don't want to spend a lot of money. so if anyone has any ideas pleace help.

2. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

If your sticking to strictly personal use (your own + a few freinds & family) and are mechanically inclined, check out your local classifieds, craigslist, the used equipment forum on here or even ebay for a good used setup. If you can find a good, decent priced SnoWay with down pressure it will make backdragging a lot easier. Another note, unless you are very good at fixing things (mainly electrical & hydrualic) you should also make sure that you have a reputable service center, for the brand that you want to purchase, near by.