1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow for expedition

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by notime21, Nov 9, 2009.

1. notime21

notime21 Junior Member
    from chicago

Does anyone know if I can plow with a western unimount and a 1997 expedition. I am getting 3 different answers from dealers. If so does anyone know which mount will fit the frt of my truck? Thanks

2. T&M SnowMan

T&M SnowMan Senior Member

I would say no, you have a soft front IFS suspension not meant to be plowed with...its not designed for 700 extra pounds of weight on the front end...you would ruin the vehicle....no offense but IMO its not a very smart idea....people try to put plows on vehicles it doesnt belong on and wonder why things break...doesnt make sense..its like wiping your a$$ before you $h!t...but if you go that route...good luck...and get Triple A....you might need it..

3. LEVE

LEVE Member

If you're planning on using the plow non-commercially, look at a Snowsport. It's light and easily removed, installed and use. It won't put the stress on the front end like a larger commercial plow.

I had on on my Powerwagon, last year. This year the Powerwagon is history and I installed in on my '93 Ranger.

IMHO, it's a nice plow for the homeowner.

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

It'll handle a Unimount just fine. They're weak, but it'll carry a std with Timbrens just fine and crank the bars a few turns. Just keep an eye out for frame cracks.

And the mount and harness is the same as 97.5-03 F150