1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for Dodge Ram 1500

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DaySpring Services, May 3, 2005.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I am looking into buying a used truck at an auction, but I need a back up plan incase I dont win it. I have an 04 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab. I've been looking at some plows for it. What would you recommend? I've been looking at a 7'6" Western or a 760LT Blizzard. BTW Im only plowing driveways.

2. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Both plows you mentioned would be great, you many have trouble gettting a dealer to put a plow on that truck though. The newer Ram 1500's handle plows OK but its not recommended by the manufacturer. Id say go ahead and do it, it should not be a problem if you are careful. They many give you trouble with the warrenty though. You will need timbrens or airshocks in the front to help carry the plow and make sure you have an aux tranny cooler.

3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

do a search also- this has been covered a couple of times already

4. davink

davink Member

I hads a 2001 Dadge Ram Quad Cab 1500 and I had a Meyer St 7.5 foot plow on the front end. I did have to add Timbrens to help cary the load, but it worked great.

I would take the recommendation of putting a trans cooler on it though, I did have a trans problems after a few seasons. But the truck plowed driveways great. The blade was not much good for back dragging though. Very light. Never did anything commercial so I can't say.

I will say that if I ever did get another one I would look into getting a plow with a downforce for the back dragging.

Good luck with it - let me know if I can give you any more info.

Good luck with it!

:redbounce

5. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

You will want to find a dealer close by. I think snow way makes a plow that has down pressure. You might end up spending a weekend putting it on yourself, but its a learning experience and will save you $$, but I look at it this way I get to drink beer. Only doing driveways and the fact that its a half ton, 7'6" will suffice. I had a salesman at a dodge dealer tell me that the beefiness of a half ton has decreased after 02 but he might of just been trying to sell me a 3/4 ton. Best of luck.