1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for Dodge 1500?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by menchhofer, Feb 3, 2004.

1. menchhofer

menchhofer Junior Member
    from IN

Just thought I would ask the experts here as to advice of a Snoway 7 1/2 ft plow on a Dodge (96) 1500. It would be used for light commercial plowing. Nothing constant or heavy duty.

What do you guys think? Would I be alright with this setup?

Thanks

2. BigDawg

BigDawg Member

I have a 94 1500 with a meyer 7.5 and do Airport Plowing (Tarmacs, Taxiways...etc.) and it works great. Just take it easy and dont drive it like you stole it. If you beat on it, things are going to brake.Get yourself a trans cooler and a set of timbrens and go to town. The main thing I see guys do is throwing it in reverse and hit the gas before the truck even stops moving forward. Thats asking for trouble.Know your boundries and dont bounce off of curbs and manholes. I take care of my equipment and it takes care of me.Just my 2 cents worth.:waving:

3. mjmstaff

mjmstaff Member

I have a 95 Dodge 1500 with a 8ft Western Pro Uni-Mount. I have a Snowex Speader on the back (Hitch Mount). It works greats but you will need some timbrens (about $150.00).

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

You asked about a Snoway 7 1/2'. You'll be fine.

5. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

WOW ur runny a 8ft on a 1500? I have a 96 1500 and i jsut want a 7.5 pro,heres the key be careful,make complete stops,timbrens and tranny coller and ur ready to take on the soem bad A$$ storms

6. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas Senior Member

what are timbrens?

7. mjmstaff

mjmstaff Member

8. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member

spreader

Watch your Gross Vehicle Weight Rating MJM. Truck + Plow + Salter + Salt + You. In otherwords everything combined. If you exceed it regularly you'll be spending the $$ regularly.
    Signed
    ex '94 1500 owner.