1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for compact wheel loader

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Jim15, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Jim15

Jim15 Member
    from MA

Hi,

Please view the discussion in the Fisher section on my inquiry as to which size Fisher MC you think our machine can handle, and leave your post there. Looking for people who have experience with compact wheel loaders with power angle plows. Thank you,

Jim

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

You don't say what size wheel loader, why your stuck on a Fisher MC blade ?

3. Jim15

Jim15 Member
    from MA

As to why only Fisher, we have a great relationship with a tuck equipment company who predominately sells Fishers. They have great, competetive prices, with plenty of inventory year round. They will deliver free of charge to our shop at whatever time is convenient for us, and we have owned strictly Fishers for our 3/4 tons, 1 tons, and skidsteers since we began our buisness almost 30 years ago, and have not had one mechanical problem to date, other than cutting edges falling off after ramming several catch basin/ manhole covers at speeds of 10 - 20mph when we did Municipal plowing, due to inferior cutting edge bolts, which we have since corrected. So I think the results speak for themselves. Fisher may not be the cheapest, but we are willing to pay more for any of our equipment if we are pleased with the results. We carry that same sentiment to our work. We may not be the lowest bidder, but we give you what you pay for at a competitive price. Our goal isn't to be, or get the cheapest. We strive for quality and not quantity. Hope that answers your question. If you have an opinion please include it in the Fisher discussion, so as to not spread the discussion out over multiple places. This was simply meant to get the attention of compact wheel loader owners/operators who may not check the Fisher discussion board.

Thank you,

Jim

4. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Gotcha as far as Fisher, but for what its worth look into a Horst Snowwing, or some thing along those lunes, Kage probably has a chart that will give you a size for your machine as well. Nothing against Fisher I had been running them exclusively since I started in '95, until I bought a dump that has a Western Heavyweight & a Jeep that I found a awesome deal on a Meyer for it.
    I have a bobcat 873 which is 75 hp with stock tires it has a hard time with a 8' bobcat brand blade. I do have a Bobcat 1600 wheel loader, but we haven't plowed with it yet. My small other wheel loader is a Kawaski 60z which is about 100 hp & 19000 lb, we started with a 14 rubber edge backhoe model it had a hard time with it, on it then went to a 12' IST loader model which is better. Trying to comare what a truck can push (plow size) & what a loader can is very difficult do to the differences in steering style & tires (ground presure).

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012