1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for Chevy crew?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Par 5 Lawn Care, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Par 5 Lawn Care

Par 5 Lawn Care Junior Member

My buddy Jerry Andersen just bought an 06 Chevy 2500HD and is looking for a plow to hang on the truck. I told him that since it's a crew cab, he'll have problems if he goes with a plow that's too narrow. For you guys with a crew cab... What's too narrow for a truck like his? I know he's been looking hard at getting a Sno Way. He wanted to buy my Blizzard 810 from me, but I told him Blizzard said my 810 be too heavy for his truck, since it was a crew cab. I'd really like to see him go as wide as possible, but I know he's on a budget. What do you guys think? Would a lexan, Sno Way work well on his truck? Thanks for any advice.

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

With a Sno-Way he can go as wide as 9' in the 32 series. Steel, poly or stainless models would all be acceptable as far as weight is concerned. Since he is on a budget the steel would be the least expensive model to go with. Any of the 29 or 29 trip edge series should work fine as well. Have Jerry go to the website http://www.snoway.com to learn more.

3. Brothers

Brothers Junior Member
    from Toronto

Crew Cab

i own a 2003 Chev 3500 Crew and i hang a Arctic 10 ft heavy duty poly... :gunsfiring:
  4. No Moa

No Moa Junior Member

I have a 8 ft Fisher X-blade on my new Crew Cab Duramax. Just waiting for the timbrens to come in:)
  5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

If you put enough counter weight you will be just find. Also need a set of timbrens.
  6. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

k3500 crew cab - I've been running a sno-way 8' since '97. No issues. Not sure what you mean by a plow that's too narrow. That to me is an issue of efficiency.
  7. Vic,
    You didn't state in your post whether or not he has the DD or the 6.0 Gas. Either way he'll want an 8 footer minimum. I have an 8.5 Fisher on mine and love it. That 810 of yours just might do the trick!
  8. Brothers

Brothers Junior Member
    from Toronto

err i mean a 9 ft poly .. lol :dizzy: