1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow for backhoe v plow box or regular

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by andrewlawnrangr, Sep 25, 2007.

1. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

im looking at a jbc with a 4 way bucket. what im thinking is maybe a v plow but i cant see it in full v being able to cover the wheels.. i could use the aux hydro for the v. is this possible.. the next is a push box will 9 foot be ok. or manufacture a 9 foot regular plow and use the hydros for the plow to move left to right

im thinking of goin with the 9 or 10' straight blade but how could i mount the blade to the bucket.. find a frame and bolt it to the bucket..any ideas or pictures would be best.

thanks
    andrew

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Quick tach is the best for the blade but I have seen guys put 10 ft blades on by just welding blocks on the bucket where the pins for the blade go. Then they just run a chain to a hook on the top centre of the bucket. I personally wouldn't do it but it does work. Why not just find a used pusher, that fits on your bucket?

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

What model JCB?

I have a 212SU with a 14' Daniels Wing Plow.

What are you going to be plowing with it?

4. andrewlawnrangr

let me get the specs on the model but it is 4x4. im goin to be plowing commerical lots and a small developement. i found a website called pennhazel.com i think thats right but i was loking into a 9 or 10 foot straight blade for the front.. i kno a 14 footer will be too big i was goin along the lines of 9-12 foot

any suggestions or pics would be greT

5. xc23

xc23 Member

Xc23

I Am running a 94 nh 555d 68hp 4x4 I just picked up a 12' pusher for it but before that I took a 10' strait fisher and welded 3x3 3/8 squar stock approx 24" long to the back of the blade so the bucket can slide into it and used the existing pivot frame for bottom support. Ran two chains from each corner of the blade to the bucket she worked great .Should be able to pick up a used strait blade real cheap if not free.Just be shure to weld a plate or angle iron against the blade so when it is attached and the edge trips the bucket dosent bind the springs. if you are still ques the design Email me @ XC23 @rr.com and i'll get you some pics ,Good Luck

6. Mark Oomkes

Let me know when you get the specs and I'll try to help more. The 212 is a 65 HP unit, 4WD and 4WS, 14' blade is not a problem for it, been running it since '98 in every type of storm.

7. andrewlawnrangr

loader is a jbc 3cx aprox 75-100 hp with about 5000 hours.. extened hoe 4 way bucket...

8. Mark Oomkes

You wouldn't have a bit of problem with the 14', or even a 14' pusher box. You have a lot of options with that machine.

9. andrewlawnrangr

mark,
    is 5000 hours a lot for a machine like that its my first big machine like that so im still skepical on buying.. there asking 7thousand. im still unsure but i kinda need a big machine to go from site to site.. any pics of ur machine would be great

thanks for ur time

andrew

10. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

I would run a 12 or 14 ft box on it if it were mine just be careful of that stick hanging off the back easy to hit stuff. the good thing about that piece is you usually get pretty good wheel speed

11. Mark Oomkes

I don't have a lot of experience with heavy equipment, but from what I have, that isn't very many hours. I have had excellent luck with my 212, been some expensive repairs in the off season, but have not had a minute of downtime from the loader itself. HTH