1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow For Avalanche

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Trails End Lawn, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Trails End Lawn

Trails End Lawn Junior Member

HELLO, ITS MY FIRST TIME POSTING ON HERE. I HAVE BEEN PLOWING FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS NOW, BUT ITS MY FIRST YEAR GOING IT ALONE. I HAVE A REGUALR WORK TRUCK WITH A PLOW BUT I AM GETTING SO MANY ACCOUNTS THIS YEAR :redbounce THAT I NEED ANOTHER TRUCK WITH A PLOW PLUSS ALL MY SUBS. MY OTHER TRUCK IS A 1500 AVALANCHE. DOES ANY ONE KNOW OF A GOOD PLOW TO PUT ON THIS VEHICLE. THANKS FOR THE HELP. TYLER

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

I think western will let you put a 7-6 standard on that.

3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

yeah a western or a meyers plow

4. b4thundr

b4thundr Junior Member

5. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

How about trying a BLIZZARD 760LT on that vehicle??? I would choose a plow that has a huge dealer support. That should help make your decision. A product is as good as the dealer supporting it.

Just the 2 pennies. :)

6. Ian03

Ian03 Senior Member

I thought Avalancheplow would have jumped in here by now but I can speak for him. A couple buddies of mine with an 01 or 02 Avalanche 1500 use a 7.5 foot Snoway with the lexan blade. Big weight savings from even the light duty metal blades. The down pressure is pretty cool too, it's not like floating the blade down, they actually have a piston to hold it down, very functional. Search Avalancheplow and you will see some pics of it.

They have the Timbrens on the front end to replace the stock bumpstops and it definitely helps reduce the saggy front end. Good luck.

7. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

In my opinion I would go with either a sno-way or blizzard. Since I have one I have looked into this more than other guys that just state their favorite brand. My 02 Av plows great. I went with the sno-way to keep it light and for the down pressure. No matter what you plow the down pressure will help. Blizzard was my second choice because its fairly light and has a nice cutting angle, and last its steel. If you have any questions PM me. I can also get you pics.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=14978&highlight=1500+avalanche