1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow for a GMC 1/2 ton

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by MLLC, Apr 6, 2007.

1. MLLC

MLLC Member
    from MA

ok, so i am in the proccess of buying a 1999 GMC sierra 1500 Z71. i was looking for a lightweight, but functional plow for it. i am planning on doing only my driveway, as well as one or two others for family. The truck is is good condition and even with the 4.3 V6, she's a power house, it has 4WD, and some nice grippy tires. Just planning ahead for next year, but would like to have a plow mount, as well as tranny cooler installed by the end of summer, this way i'm prepared.

Could you guys give me some advice as to what plow i should get, and some approxamate prices of them as well?

thanks so much,
    Mike

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

right plow

i would think a boss 7'6" boss standard duty poly plow with the smart hitch 2,they average about 3800.00 to 4000.00 depending on the dealer.:)

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What brands are available from the local dealers?

4. Yeah, stick with something that parts/service will be readily available locally. You'll want easy/quick access to "help" if you break down in the middle of a storm.

Up here in Rochester NY, Western apears to be the most widly used. Plenty of aftermarket parts at local autoparts stores. Plus, one Western dealer/repaiman 1 mile down the road as well as 2 others within 20 Min...

5. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

I'd go with a 7 and a half foot straight blade for your half ton.

As said above find who sells locally and get prices.Once you speak to someone from each dealer you'll feel out who you feel more comfortable with and go from there.

Fisher,Boss,Western are all great plows you can't go wrong with any of them.

Good luck

6. WildRidge

WildRidge Member

I have a sno-way plow I just took off of my 2000 GMC z71 that I am trying to sell. Check out the thread, http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=45716 I'll even sell you the truck if you want it. It's got the 2500HD torsion bars, timbrens, and I added a leaf in the rear. 83,000 miles, very sharp truck.

Joe

7. MLLC

MLLC Member
    from MA

what are you trying to get for the plow?

8. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

check out the for sale thread i have a blizzard 760lt with mount and wiring also with a custom wing setup. Would let go for around 2100

9. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

10. WildRidge

WildRidge Member

I had one guy make me an offer of $1500.00 but I haven't heard back from him. Last I heard he had to check with his wife. Make a reasonable offer and it's yours.