1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for a Dodge Dully ?? Need recomendations

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by imjustdave, Nov 9, 2010.

1. imjustdave

imjustdave Junior Member
    from WA

Im heavily thinking about a plow for my Stock 06 CTD Dodge 3500 Dully But I haven't been researching long.. Actually I just thought of it yesterday. So yes Im relying heavily on this group for assistance. I understand I will abuse the front end, thankfully for me the ball joints are going bad anyways so after this snow seson I can afford to replace them :) Anything else I may need to run a plow? will stock springs handle the extra weight.

So my key Q are
    How wide Mim for a dully?
    V or straight ? I have only used a stright on a Schmidt plow on a Unimog.
    Any brands to lean towards or against?

Again im not looking to drain my wallet I just would enjoy making a extra $$ this winter. I push in a lot of parking lots, and very little if any driveways.

David

06 Dodge 3500
    87 Unimog U1250 Schmidt 3.4

2. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Any V wider than 9'..... Lean away from the straight blades. They can't hold enough snow to make it worth your time. People like the Bosses and Westerns....

3. RamPainting LLC

RamPainting LLC Senior Member

I've got a straight blade with wings, totals 9'6" works just fine for the 400" of snow we see each year.

4. big schmitty

big schmitty Member

I have a pro plus with wings 9' 6" wide, works great! You will need a leveling kit. I wouldn't go less that 8' 5" more like 9'

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  5. Dayshot

Dayshot Junior Member

8ft with wings western on my 03 dodge dually love it!!! never go back you dont need leveling kit had mine for years now it pushes like a tank all i've ever run is a straight blade, i plow commercial and res. take the wings off for drives, on for the big lots great system

6. zjm

zjm Senior Member

im thinking of the new 9'-2" vxt from boss for my 04' dually ctd 3500
    or a straight 9'
    i like the versatility of the v
    we get mostly wet heavy snow here on long island ny

7. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

You got it your gunna eat ball joints. Get life time warranty greaseable one's.
    I vote V and I run a Western MVP poly, just to save some weight. No issues so far. Depends a lot on what's sold near you for service/connivence just a thought...

8. RamPainting LLC

RamPainting LLC Senior Member

You need to be mindful of the bigger Moldboards, your Cummins is still going to need airflow to the radiator. If your stuck on a V plow? get something that is not 37" tall, IMO.

9. zjm

zjm Senior Member

Good point Ram Painting
    Didn't think how it being so tall(37") would affect the radiator/trans cooler