1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for a 97 "S" Jimmy

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SIPLOWGUY, Jan 4, 2004.

1. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I just got a great deal on a 1997 GMC Jimmy. I plan to use this as a back up vehicle in case my F150 goes down and to do a few circular drives without running over the shrubs with my rear wheels. Now what plow goes on this truck. I really want a Fisher LD MM but they discontinued the kit in 97. I can get a Blizzard but am very happy with the Fisher on my F150. Any ideas out there? I'm not in a big hurry but would like to be up and running before the 04-05 season. :help:

2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Why do you want a fisher when you can get a Blizzard?

3. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

OK, OK. I've very partial to my Fisher that NEVER broke since 1996 with no maintenance. I'm seriously considering Blizzard and spoke to a rep from the company last week. That's why I'm going ahead with this truck knowing I'm not left out in the cold, Thanks to Blizzard! I heard they are working on a more HD small plow for that Jimmy and may be out by spring. I saw a Blizzard on a big truck today and it looked cool. :cool:

4. Bolts Indus.

We run the 7'6" Lt on a 91 Z71 and do commercial. It's all your gonna need.

5. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

91 is the style prior to 95. My 97 is the next body style. Meyer makes a setup up to 94. I had a 92 Blazer with the Meyer setup. I didn't know if that mount would fit the 97. Any chance you could send pictures or info? My e-mail is mike@exactcomputing.com Thanks!

6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i would go with the meyers set up

7. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Considering Meyer does not list this application do you know what fits?

8. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

ur looking on the site a tm 6.5 or maybe a st 7.0 two trip springs of course if you have a western dealer u can use the sport utility plow

9. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I need the mount part #'s.

10. Bolts Indus.

Michael Gorgia

97- 2002 Jimmy take the same undercarriage. Blizzard 30152 Prior to that there is a listing for 95 and earlier, 30141. On the diagrams there is not much difference I can see. Could be in the width. Hope this helps you. Your Blizzard dealer could help you further, but don't hesitate to PM me. The factory number is 1-888-680-8600. Ask for Brian for help.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2004
  11. gpin

gpin Senior Member

I would start with the dealer closest to my home in case of problems.

12. Bolts Indus.

No offence meant to the local dealer intended. Just stating the factory is there to help and will refer everybody to the local dealer for follow up.

13. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

fisher makes a great plow but go with the blizzard set-up. they are very popular and seem to be very relieable:)

14. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

Get a Sno-Way ST series.... Your Jimmy will thank you in the long run, since it weighs much less then other plows. You'll also benefit from the down pressure which is helpful with driveways. Whatever plow you get, don't forget to install a set of timbrens!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2004