1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for a 2002 s10

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by bradman0087, Aug 21, 2008.

1. bradman0087

bradman0087 Member

Well my new house has a big drive way with a hill and i am going to need to keep it clear so i can get up.. I have a 2002 chevy s10 crew cab ZR5 off road package, 4.3 l vortec, i need a plow that is not too expensive but i think a snow bear will be out of the question i need to get all the way down to concrete and i dont wana jump out to turn the blade.. I would like to spend 3,000 or less hopefully.. what do you recommend?
  2. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

a snoway 22 series would work with a little modification since you do have the zr2 package but its gonna be a little more then what you want to spend... you can look into the super plow that plow goes into your rear reciever hitch they are a sponsor here on ps so you can click on their link to check them out
  3. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Agreed, SnoWay 22 series with down pressure. No mod should be needed since you have the zr5 not the zr2. look for a deal on a used one.
  4. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I know two S10 owners with plows one has the Curtis HomePro 3000 the other pushes with a Fisher Homesteader, Both plows very capable, I think the Curtis is a bit more rugged

5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

i think the curtis plow for the s10 would be the way to go
  6. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

i ave a friend that has 3 s10's that he plows with and he rins the western pro blades on his. 7'ers no problems
  7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Western doesn't make a 7 foot anything. 6' 8" suburbanite is as close a it gets.

A pro plow on a S-10???? crazy talk
  8. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

:confused: people put 1000lb plows + salt and ballast on 1/2 tons.
    so what's the problem?;)
  9. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

i didnt say it was brand new ill get a pic of it for yea, its gotta be a 7'.....................i think
  10. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

get meyer its depenable or a fisher ld series blade 7 ft