1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow for a 1500 4x4 regular cab

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by truck1500, Aug 15, 2003.

1. truck1500

truck1500 Member

i just got another truck it is a 1990 chevy 1500 4x4 regular cab i was just wondering what would be the best plow that i could put on this. i will be doing residential accounts with this truck.

2. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

I have basically the same truck, but mine is a 1992. I use a Western Pro Plow and love the truck and plow combo. Works good for me. Dont go any bigger than a 7.5' on a 1500. The name brand you choose is up to you. Mike

3. truck1500

truck1500 Member

thanks for the info i was thinking of getting the western uni-mount pro plow wasent sure if that was going to work on my truck or not. guess it will

4. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

truck1500 if you gt the western unimount on both trucks that you mentioned you should also be able to switch them between the trucks. You could go 7.5 on that half ton w/o problems. You may want to get some timbren load boosters though , and crank up the torsion bars. Post some picks for us too!!!

5. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Forgot to ask before. Is this truck a shortbed or longbed 1500? Mine is a shortbed. What motor do you have in it? V6 or V8? Its probably a V8. Mine has the V8 350 motor, throttle body injected. Anyone know what my motors horsepower and torque ratings were for this model year? I think the horsepower was either 200 or 210. Wyldman, where are you? :D Mike

6. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Go with a 7.5 size plow. Any brand of plow would work but i think a Western uni-mount work work best.:)

7. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

I think a Fisher RD 7.5' plow would work just as good. Its up to him though, whether he wants a full trip plow or trip edge plow. I just said my combo works great, I didnt tell him he has to get a Western. My friend has a 92 Chevy 2500 with a Fisher 7.5' MM and seems to love it. His truck is a regular cab long bed model. Mike

8. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Leave him alone,he's working on my problems:D

ANY 7.5 plow will do the trick,it's the same old song and dance-Who deals what and knows what they are doing in your area.

9. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Im afraid to ask about your problems, Im sure they are bigger than my horsepower/torque question! You have to share Wyldman with the rest of us, I know you want him all to yourself, but thats just not fair to the rest of us. :D Mike