1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow for a 1 ton

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by truck1500, Jan 21, 2003.

1. truck1500

truck1500 Member

i have a 2001 1 ton chevy commercial truck and was wondering what plow would work best on it I was thinking if a 10' v blade on it.
  2. fordman

fordman Senior Member

Don't know all the specifics on the truck, but I'd probably go with a 9ft straight blade or a Western or Fisher 9.6 V.
  3. wyldman

wyldman Member

If it is a 1 ton HD,with the 15K GVWR,then you could go with a 10 FT v-blade or municipal plow.If it is a regular 1 ton,then a 9 or 9.5 ft V-blade would be better suited to that truck.
  4. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

I would go with the 9.5' V plow for the truck. I have a 2002 3500hd with a Fisher 9.5' V and the truck handles it fine. Just put the torsion bars up on it but I would think that 10' straight blade would be too big for it, I have a 10' MC Fisher plow on a 2003 4500 and that is one big plow, if you want a wider plow I would go with the blizzard maybe then you get the best of both worlds. Just my two cents