1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for a 05 Tacoma with a Shrockworks bumper

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by RogerSP, Dec 28, 2008.

1. RogerSP

RogerSP Junior Member

I imagine the answer is no, but... is there a plow out there that will fit on a Tacoma with a aftermarket (Shrockworks) bumper?

If there is not a off the shelf plow that will fit, how difficult would it be to modify the plow mounts and/or the bumper, skid plate, etc? Anyone attempt this before?

If I find myself staying in the VT/NH area after this winter I'd like to get a rig set up with a plow on it. If not my 05 Tacoma, I'll look for a decent FJ40 or older pickup for a "beater" and winter truck.

2. vtzdriver

vtzdriver Senior Member
    from Vermont

Mounts bolt to the front of the frame- below the stock bumper. After reviewing pix on the Shrockworks website, it appears there are bumper mounts that extend down to the frame, with a skid plate included.
    Exactly how they attach to the frame will make all the difference if the mount has be be modified.

It does look like your bumper may extend forward to the area where the fluid reservoir typically sits.

If I had a setup that nice on the front of my Taco, I wouldn't have a plow there!!
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  3. matts27

matts27 Senior Member
    from CT

don't know how the bumper bolts up... stock locations??? If so, shouldn't be a problem, gonna have to cut the front two hook tabs off of the skid plate though, either that or you're gonna have to cut the skid to get it off after the plow frame is on. Good luck