1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow for '99 Dodge Dakota Sport

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by dp045, Dec 6, 2014.

1. dp045

dp045 Junior Member

I'm in the process of installing an older Western snow plow taken off a 90 something Ford F-150 onto a '99 Dodge Dakota. Now before anybody gets excited about putting a plow on this truck, I have to say I already tried to talk the guy out of doing it, told him the frame is too light, too wide, etc..., but he wants to go ahead with it. I've got the frame attachment points pretty much figured out but I need some help with the light wiring. I want the plow lights to be fully functional, especially the turn signals & hi-low beams without the vehicle headlights lights on for obvious reasons. Do they make a light wire harness for that model? If so where would I pick one up? If not any suggestions? Like I mentioned, I'll need to be able to use the dimmer switch the turn signals I guesss I can tap into the vehicle harness if I knew what color code the wires are for left & right. I know most trailer wires are red and green for turn, are the vehicles like that too?
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Your western dealer should have the correct pigtails
  3. dp045

dp045 Junior Member

'99 Dodge Dakota Sport

Thanks, I feel pretty foolish now, I never thought to check with Western.