1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow for "94 GMC 1500

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by sandman60, Oct 21, 2006.

1. sandman60

sandman60 Junior Member

Can anyone give me some advice about getting a plow for my '94 GMC 1500 auto 4x4. I'm using it to plow my 300 ft driveway. Don't want anything too complicated.
    ~Gary

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Sandman 60

A great plow for your truck would be a Sno-Way MT90 model. To learn more visit our website at http://www.snoway.com.

There is a great promo sale going through http://www.plowsunlimited.com. Fantastic pricing on plows that you order through their site and are shipped to you straight from the Sno-Way factory. New plows at used snowplow pricing.:waving:

Regards,

Tom O'Brien
    District Sales Manager
    Sno-Way International Inc.

3. dubeb31

dubeb31 Member

i have a 93 1500 and have a Curtis Snowpro 3000....i love it...and the headquarters are right here in Worcester Mass

4. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

You will be lucky if you get two of the same responses on this one. Fisher 7.5' LD

5. dubeb31

dubeb31 Member

First Time Out is right, but i'm a curtis and fisher guy so either one of those would be best...and dealers are easy to find in the Northeast just my $.02

6. sandman60

sandman60 Junior Member

thanks !

Thanks for the advice guys. Looks like the Fisher is the way to go.

7. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

If you can find a mount that fits your truck I've got an old Fisher 7.5 ' on my 85 GMC 2500 that you can take for $350. Old style hydraulic pump under the hood plow, but it works fine...if a mount exists.

8. sandman60

sandman60 Junior Member

plow mounts

That seems to be the problem I'm having. I'm not sure if I would even know if a mount was the right one or not.

9. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

sandman60,

I would agree that you will not get the same opinion from anyone here. Sno-Way can offer you a great plow for your 1/2 ton whether the MT as mentioned earlier in the thread or our 26 series. Hydraulic down pressure system standard on the MT and optional on the 26 series. A 5 year structural and 2 year electric/hydraulic warranty either way. wesport

As mentioned in the earlier post there is a fantastic promo currently on the MT model.

10. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

I say buy one of each and try them all, till you find one you like.payup
    Just kidding. Everyone has their own preferences. I have a 96 1/2 ton gmc. Got a Western Unimount on it. I like the plow, as I have 2, but will be upgrading all of them, including trucks, next year. Probably gonna go with Boss. Got one of those also, and I love it!
    JMO

11. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Plows available

Hi

I have a used 8' Curtis 3000 for sale, plow side only $1500, mounts and harness/ controls can be had for another $4-500, if your interested,

I also have a 7.5' Fisher LC ( light commercial model) TOTALLY REBUILT, Completely Sand Blasted, Prime & Painted, , BRAND NEW lights, Insta-Act pump, 3 cylinders, hoses, Piviot Pins, and Cutting Edge, Plow side only $2350I
    Push plates and hanrness can be had for another $4-600,

I re-did this plow as my back-up plow no corners were cut, as close to new as possible

can e-mail you picturesof either plow if your interested.

contact me at: jphanratty@charter.net

12. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

SNOWAY baby :D that is what I would say.

RCGM
    BRAD

13. sandman60

sandman60 Junior Member

. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2006
  14. sandman60

sandman60 Junior Member

Now I'm thinking about a 7'6" snowbear from Lowes, or whatever. All the rest seem to be very expensive, considering I could have someelse plow my driveway for about 300 milion years for less than the cost of some of these plows. :yow!: