1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for 763 Bobcat?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GMSNOW, Mar 22, 2007.

GMSNOW Member

I am looking at purchasing a '98 Bobcat 763 w/350 hrs. I am wondering what is the best plow to put on that machine. Now I am thinking of a straight blade - 8' minimum.

What do you guys suggest?

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Some guys will even go with a 10 foot snow pusher. If it were me I would go with a 10 foot blade with sides on it. Like a snow pusher. And then when you get that really wet stuff you can remove the sides. (You know make them removable) But thats just my $0.02.

GMSNOW Member

Do you know of a manufacturer of a 10' blade? Such as plow wolf....

4. MnM

MnM Senior Member

a 10 foot box or blade would bury that 763. I would stick with a 7.5-8ft and if you really want wings get a 810. I have a 8ft box on a s-150 and thats even pushing it
  5. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

If you listen to these guy your going to say"Bobcats suck for snow work" Trust me I've been there. I had a 753 I bought with a 8' Blade, was horrible. Now we run two a 773 with a 7' blade & a 873 with the orignal 8' blade. The 873 does fine in most conditions, the 773 (even with a 7' blade) still gets pushed around by the blade. Mine are Bobcat brand, don't buy them, look for ones that occalate (float side to side) like the snowwolfs, that should help. Also get a poly or rubber edge or you'll be replacing ashphalt.
  6. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

8' protech snow pusher. It will make it out push any skid steer with a straight blade.