1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow for 76 k20?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Malibu496, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Malibu496

Malibu496 Junior Member

Hi everybody I am looking for a plow to put on my 76 k20 and am looking for opinions on what brand everybody would recomend and if there are any pros or cons to any of them on an old truck. Also what are the hiniker c plows like? There is a 8 1/2' boss and a 7 1/2' hiniker c plow that I am looking at.

Thanks for your help Josh
  2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

size of that truck skip the 7 1/2 . i have a 8ft and works about perfect for covering tire tracks . when i need it tho i also have a 9ft but its big.

first off see what mount is avalible for the brand plows your looking in to . if none made for it then its all custom fab from the start.

and 73-87 with solid axle are basicly same frames. so some companys only list say 81-87 and not 73-80 .

i have a old school fisher speedcaster on my truck . its a 78k30 with the plow from a 85-86 vintage truck .

good luck and try and get a bolt on setup you will be happer in the end with less fab work . Thumbs Up
  3. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

If the only choice you have is between the Boss 8'6" and the Hiniker 7'6", then go with the bigger blade, that truck will take it. But most manufacturers do make a mount for the old solid axle GM trucks. I have a 6 year old Fisher MM2 8'6 HD on an 85 K20 and I also have a Boss RT3 mount for the 73-87's.

There are guys out there running 810 Blizzards on old early 80's K20's, as well as Boss V's (8'2" & 9'2"), and Fisher X blades.
  4. Malibu496

Malibu496 Junior Member

There are other plows for sale around me but these two are the best deals I have available to me right now. I have been looking for used mounts for them but cant find any locally but I can buy a new one for both but I was trying to save money looking for a used one.
  5. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Check your local junk yards.