1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for 5' Wide Walkways

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Marbleman, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Marbleman

Marbleman Senior Member

Wondering what manufacturer would be recommended for durability for use on commercial walkways. These walkways , 5 foot wide, are in areas that get snow plowed on them by city trucks. This plow will probably go on a bobcat.

2. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

Look at the layout of the sidewalks. I had this problem last year. I was going to use a 6ft artic plow on a smaller skid, but then after really looking at it, I had to come to the conclusion that after a while I wouldnt be able to roll the snow anywhere cause the banks would get too high. Also all the snow had to go to the one side, as it was busy road on the otther side. The 6ft artic I had slightly covered a bit too much on a 5ft walk, however all my walks were paved boulavard so I wouldnt have wrecked any grass. We ended up passing the job on to someone else and they used a snow bucket, but I did see them experiment with a mini pusher, which did a clean job, but I dont think it would work if they had alot of snow because it was a long push around this walk.
    I made the hookup for the artic blade only used an 8ft after passing the job off.

3. Marbleman

Marbleman Senior Member

The 6 foot blade will work for my sites, I just wanted to know pros and cons from other users on different manufacturers.

Thanks Dave

4. cjm8232

cjm8232 Member

Pro-Tech makes a line of V-Plows w/skid steer brackets. They are fixed V-plows for sidewalks.

5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

6. Marbleman

Marbleman Senior Member

I am interested in hearing from people who have had a plow on the front of their skid steer for a couple of seasons. I want something that will stand up to wear.