1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for 33k International

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Four Seasons, May 11, 2012.

1. Four Seasons

Four Seasons Senior Member

Im getting a single axle dump that happens to be fitted with full mid mount sander and plow mounts. I dont do any parking lots yet but thought I might throw a blade on for the hell of it and hope people notice, maybe pick up another job or 2. It does have a shorter 9 ft bed so it might be doable in some driveways.... maybe not. But Im wondering what are the differences between the regular mounts like on a pickup and the external mounts that the hiway trucks have. This truck has the big outside mounts. Im thinking I would like an average 10 footer plow. Hiniker maybe since thats what I have on my pickup. Do these outside mounts allow for plow angle or do they just do fixed to throw to the right? I see regular 10 foot plows on these trucks on internet images. Would they be too small?

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Most municipal harness's will take either a 1 way blade or an angle blade. 10 ft is the smallest blade you'd want and you want a municipal grade blade unless you want to be fixing it all the time.

3. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

post a pic... you can go on alot of gov't auctions site to get you a plow, does it have the hyd fitting for an angle blade

4. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Don't get a 10' plow like Boss, Western, etc...
    That truck will tear them up.

Look up an up-fitter in your area. They most likely will have something used. i know the ones around here do.

5. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Check at the municipal auctions once you figure out if it will take an angle plow or one way, they go inexpensive. Have a decent welder retrofit if needed.

6. Four Seasons

Ok thanks. Good news anyway, I gave a deposit on the truck and got a plow in the deal. He had a 10 footer and a 12 footer so I took the 10. It's an older municipal style plow. Not a conventional big name brand. I'll sand blast and paint it up. It does angle. Trucks an 02 with a DT530, allison auto and 94k miles.

4400.jpg

7. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

no offense but i would have taken the 12, by the time it is angled it will barely cover the width of your truck...but jmo

8. Four Seasons

ya, I m going to try and hit a couple driveways with it this winter so it'll be big enough with the 10

9. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Mind if I ask how much feel free to PM me. And is that a International 4200?

10. Four Seasons

Its a 4400. Paid 24,500

11. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Nice buy, that would be awesome on commercial accounts. I am not sure what size drives you are thinking of doing but that truck is to big for most drives I can think of. Thumbs Up

12. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer 2000 Club Member
    from Carver

are you going to salt driveways with it?

13. Four Seasons

I dont have much snow biz. I bought it for working this time of year. Just happens to be all set up for plowing. So Id like to get some use out of it that way. I do a private road, 1 mile. Plow & sand. But I have to do the 2 driveways at the end too. So I'll try it and see how it goes. Then a handful of regular drives. In the meantime I'll see if I can put in 1 or 2 bids on lots of some sort.

Last edited: May 20, 2012