1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow for 2004 rubicon

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by ddiskant, Nov 16, 2009.

1. ddiskant

ddiskant Junior Member
    from NJ

Will a Fisher 6'9" LD plow installed for $4300 be too much plow for my lifted Rubicon

2. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

How much lift do you have? Have you called a couply other places to see what they can install one for? I got a quote on a 7' boss sport duty for $3300 for my wrangler, but ended up buying a one season old plow.

3. ddiskant

ddiskant Junior Member
    from NJ

4" lift w/33" tires may use a smaller set of wheels and31" tires

4. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

2004 Rubicon with Fisher 6.9 and timbren blocks

I paid just around 4 grand for this set up in Feb 2009 from shaws garage in Florham park NJ It is very fast and works great. I took off the plastic cutting edge and added a steel one. Plastic one leaves a little film behind on occasion. Hooks up in less then a minute, very easy on and off. Highly reccomended!!

my_jeep_with_plow3.jpg

my_jeep_with_plow1.jpg

5. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

Ken, did you do anything to the suspension up front?

6. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

The only thing the garage did was install timbren blocks. I am told they are a hard rubber compound that stop the spring travel from bottoming out. you dont even know they are installed jeep drives great with or without plow only sags like an inch with plow up.

7. martyman

martyman Senior Member

I use a Meyers plow with a 4inch lift...no problems (edit) it is good to put Timbrens in to stop the front from bouncing over speed humps and train tracks.(double edit) I run run smaller tires than what came with the jeep.

8. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

Looks Great!
    Wish I opted for the hardtop

9. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

I bought the hard top on ebay, mine came with soft top. Guy in Patterson NJ get hard tops all the time. Little side business he has.

10. ddiskant

ddiskant Junior Member
    from NJ

2004 rubi w/plow

Hey Ken that looks great,just what I'm looking for. May call Shaws now I'm in Verona maybe I can take a look at yours before i buy. Thanks Dave

11. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

no problem I am in Millburn. But plow isnt on now. I dont put it on untill I see the white stuff falling, LOL

12. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

PS I highly reccomend Shaws They did a Perfect install!!!

13. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Is it snowing yet????????

14. ddiskant

ddiskant Junior Member
    from NJ

What size tires Martyman?

15. martyman

martyman Senior Member

I sold my 16" Rubicon rims and use stock 15" steel jeep rims. You can keep you nice 16" rims and use some 15" rims for winter and buy some nice winter snow tires. something around a 29" tire 235? 265? I got some nice Toyo's off Craigs so I was not picky.

16. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Still warm here in NJ ;(

17. unityroad

unityroad Junior Member
    from ohio

nice plow setup, good luck