1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for 2004 GMC Crew Cab 2500 (not HD) w/quadrasteer

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by pelletman, Jan 19, 2008.

1. pelletman

pelletman Junior Member
    from MA

I've been kicking around the idea of an 810 Blizzard, but I went to the blizzard website and the only option it came up with for my truck was the 7.5' straight blade which I'd rather not go with. I'm thinking at least 8' and their is a 9' BOSS straight blade close by me for cheap money. I have time to look as I still have a 1500 Chevy with a 7.5 Curtis. I guess my question is how large can I go? Is 9' OK for my truck? Boss' website is NO help. Fisher says I can put anything up to 9' on it. Can anyone clear up my confusion? I plow my own parking lot, maybe an acre or so, and residential driveways. Any input you have would be appreciated. Thanks! Dave
  2. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

9 ft sounds a little big for a reg 2500. I can see an 8 foot on there though. I've never mounted a plow so you'll have to wait till others chime in here.
  3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

i wouldnt go over 8 ft. 9 ft seems like it would be alot of #
  4. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

If I owned your truck and wanted a Blizzard plow, I would go with the 860 Speed Wing. If you stick Timbrens on it, a crank or 2 on the torsion bars, and about 600-800 lbs of ballast in the bed, you should be fine.

The 810 is just too much weight to be on your truck. Heck, the 860 SW is pushing it but I think you'd be ok. I would atleast go with the 760 SW before I'd go with a 7.5' SB. The 760 SW is only 46 lbs. more than the 760 LT straight.
  5. Joshjeepcj7

Joshjeepcj7 Member

if your only doing your own lot and a couple of drives the i'd go witha 8
  6. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

on a 2500 you really dont want to go 9ft. 8.5ft is the biggest i would go on a 3/4 ton. a 1 ton a 9ft plow is fine.
  7. pelletman

pelletman Junior Member
    from MA

Thank you all for the input...
  8. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

Post pictures of the truck, please, I have never seen a 'quadra steer' other than in the commercials.
  9. pelletman

pelletman Junior Member
    from MA