1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for 2004 F-150 4x4

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Poohich, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Poohich

Poohich Junior Member

Hi. Any ideas about what kind of plow can I install on 2004 F-150, 4x4, ext.cab. Thanks for all info

2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Blizzard 760speed wing or a 760LT if you want a straight blade.

3. Poohich

Poohich Junior Member

thanks for recomendation. Sorry but I new in plowing. Can you explain why you recomend this models

4. 1719Matt

1719Matt Junior Member

all the big plow manufacturers have websites that match the proper plow with your truck.

If you're going to have the plow installed by a dealer, you'll have to go with the manufacturers recomendation. If you install it yourself, you can put what ever you want on.

5. Poohich

Poohich Junior Member

It's right. I can install on my truck everething what I wont. But its just 1/2 tonn and I trying to found what will be better

6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

What are you planning on plowing? I would stick to a few drives at the most with a 1/2 ton. If you drive it right it will take care of you for years. I would suggest a Fisher LD 7'6" I had one on a Chevy 1500 and loved it.

http://www.fisherplows.com/modeldetail.asp?model=ld

7. Poohich

Poohich Junior Member

.... couple parking lots and driveways. I understand that it hard but its my own truck and I'll be care of him. Thank's a lot for suggestion

8. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

No problem. If you want to compare the other big name manufacturers are:
    Curtis
    SnoWay
    Western
    Meyer
    Blizzard
    Boss

I am sure that I am missing some, but these are the ones that would have plows that would work on your truck.

9. mrbrickman

mrbrickman Senior Member
    from montana

id stick with the lighest setup you can yet still be in your budget, 7.5' tube mount meyers is a good easy to understand plow but i think they plan on making it "obsolete" figures they need to make more money instead of sticking with something tried and true but thats everything i guess.....
    i guess any 7.5' would be decent... i think westen is cheap, you can get them new for 3200 installed around here....the meyer has that new goofy electronic contolled system that costs wayyy too much (one price i got was 5600!!!), maybe go with a poly moldboard instead of steel if you can afford the extra dough, your ball joints will thank you......figure they woulda found a way to make them greasable like the super duties by now...

10. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Well blizzard really pulled all the stops out of thier plows when they desgined their light duty plows. Very well thought out mounts and light weight design, yet great scraping ablity.

Now the last thing I would put on that truck is a meyer. Which is the worst snow plow you can buy. But people keep buying them because they are cheap. :realmad:

11. Poohich

Poohich Junior Member

Thanks everebody. alot info - working on it :). waiting any fresh thinks

12. mrbrickman

mrbrickman Senior Member
    from montana

im a western guy always, stacks better, more reliable more lift capacity....you can actually use the plow to unstick yourself....etc i should make a list one day

but yeah exactly, meyers are cheapest which, if youre trying to get the job done, why not, theres tons of dealers around and parts are...a few dimes a dozen instead of millions of dimes a dozen.

and heck, i could put you together a used setup for 900, buying the 04 undermount for the truck new...and any paper or sell-it has someone with a used plow for 200-500 bucks

dunno, never was big on buying this stuff new.....

13. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

1/2 ton.I plow with a half ton great truck I have a Sno way they make great plows.I would recommend the sno way with down pressure makes up for the truck only being a half ton.

RCGM
    Brad

14. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

I have a 2006 F 150 crew cab with a 7' 6" Minute Mount RD on it. I put a 2" leveling kit in the front and about 400 lbs of ballast at the very rear. The truck rides and handles well with this setup - but as far as plowing, i'll let you know as soon as it snows:salute:

15. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Do you have any pics of your F150 with the plow on??thanks

16. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

I have a 7.6foot Snow-way on my 03 F150

17. Poohich

Poohich Junior Member

not yet. when it will be ready - i'll make pictures