1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for 2003 Toyota Tacoma doublecab

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Hedgehog, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Senior Member

My wife has a 2003 Tacoma doublecab that I would like to install a plow on. I've narrowed it down to the Curtis Homepro 3000 or the Fisher Homesteader. Which one is better and what are the pros and cons of both?

2. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Senior Member

Also, what should I expect to pay for either of these plows and can anyone suggest dealers in Southeastern Massachusetts to purchase from.

3. Titan

Titan Junior Member
    from maine

I have a 2007 Nissan Titan LE crew, and I just placed the Fisher Homesteader. Appears like a nice plow, paid about $3200 installed.

4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I got sitting in my garage a Fisher LD mount, timberns and the two wiring harness to make the lights work on a 98 to 04 Tacoma. There are a bunch of 6.8' fisher LD on ebay right now. I got all the truck side stuff for sale cheap.

5. ToyTruck

ToyTruck Junior Member

Curtis is nice

I've had a Curtis Home Pro 3000 going into season 3 now, on my Tacoma Ext Cab 4X4 4 cyl, manual. I like it very much, only problem was the electrical connector plugs were hard to connect. I finally bit the bullet and bought the newer 2 part plug which I think must be standard now. This seems to go right together.

One option is the Factory store in Worcester MA I think?? They will install, check their price and local dealers price, see their website for dealers. I think this is a more sturdy plow than the Homesteader. However the Fisher LD should be a very good plow too but is heavier. Anyway, I like it, goes on easy off easy. BTW I found my Curtis used for cheap on ebay, had ebay searching for curtis and plow and it found one for me closeby.

6. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

snow bear:nod: