1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for 2003 Tacoma

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Hedgehog, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Senior Member

I know I've asked before but I still haven't bought a plow for my 2003 Tacoma. It is a V6, automatic and has a 2" leveling kit up front. I don't know whether that will affect anything but I have narrowed the plowchoices down to 3. I will list them below with the prices I got and the likes and dislikes of each. Any input would be appreciated.

FISHER Homesteader $2900 Like Fiskstik Plow looks cheesy and no weight for backblading

SNOWAY 22 series $3300 Like downpressure See alot of negatives about SNOWAY quality

CURTIS HOMEPRO $3300 Like size of plow Dislike controller options

Thnak you in advance, Bob
  2. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Senior Member

One other thing I did like about the Homesteader is the removable brackets at the end of the season. So, with the prices being withing $500 of each other, which one is the best plow for a small truck?
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

4. Brandon

Brandon Member

With the narrowed down choices, I'd go with the Sno-way. Fairly lightweight, but you have downpressure, so back dragging will be cake. That's not the only reason, but I think that's the best plow for the money there.