1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for 2000 wrangler

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by meyer22288, Aug 12, 2003.

1. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

What plow would you guys suggest for a 2000 Jeep wrangler, 4x4, 5 speed. How many of you guys plow with a truck like this?
    How does it handle plowing? Can timbrens be installed on a Jeep Wrangler?:)
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2003
  2. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Jeep Wrangler

A Jeep Wrangler would make you an excellent plow truck.
    Would recommend that you look at one with a hard top for the winter, and be sure it has the roll down windows not the sliding type.
    Very good as a driveway and clean up truck with the tight turning radius.
    You would be surprise you how much snow you can move with a Jeep.
    I normally would outfit it with a 6.6 standard Western Unimount, and of course a set of Timbren Load Boosters.
    :rolleyes: John.........
  3. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Western recomends the 6.6' USX or 7.2' LSX blade and also recommends using the Mopar air shock kit #82202562.

4. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

Ya get a 6.5 western and throw a set of pro wings on it and you would be set Just get the automatic otherwise you will be tired of shifting:D
  5. Pickering snow removal

Pickering snow removal Senior Member

Meyer we run a 97 TJ its been a good little vech like snowjay said install the factory front air shocks thats all we use and run the western 6.5 standard we have a 4.0l auto the stick may wear you out on a long plow shift , the jeep does have limitations i will tell you this up front we use it for resi work and some small lots tight turning is unbeatable however in heavy snow on big jobs she really sruggles it works good if i put it with one of the big trucks has a clean up vech would suggest also running some sand bags or weight in behind the rear seat we take the rear seat out of ours and place ballest over the rear axle seems to work better.
    Overall after three years i have had it i really have no complaints

reagrds fred
  6. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Thank you guys for your help. The Jeep belongs to my uncle he wants to get into plowing next year. He is not to happy bout the 5 speed either but it is what he has. He will get automatic next time :D