1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for 2000 Chevy Tahoe?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by vdaudino, Aug 11, 2007.

1. vdaudino

vdaudino Junior Member

I'm looking for a plow for my 2000 Chevy Tahoe 4.8, 4X4. I will be using it to plow small residential drives. Any advice or opinions on the best plow for my truck is appreciated.
    Thank You

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

good plow

i would go with a 7 1/2 boss standard duty ploy plow with smart hitch 2,try to keep it light for this rig,a sport duty is lot lighter but don't over tax it ,being a 7' it would be good for drives but light on back dragging heavy snow.

3. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

7.5' Fisher goes beautifully with a Tahoe or any other 1/2 ton platform vehicle. I ran my 97 2-door Tahoe for 4 years with the plow, and I couldn't complain one bit about how she performed. The 4-doors do exceptionally well too, as they're about the length of a short bed P/U with a cap. Good luck!!

~Kevin

4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I say go for the 7.5ft standard duty but I would go metal, I think the poly actually weighs more and has to be replaced in the future because of wearing thin. If you really wanted to get fancy I bet with some heavier torsion bars you could hang a 7.5ft boss V off your 'hoe.