1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for 1993 Nissan pickup?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by captntim, Dec 3, 2006.

1. captntim

captntim Member
    from Maine

Hi there,
    I have a couple of driveways and a small parking lot to plow (all of which I own). I have a 2003 dodge ram 2500 cummins and a 1993 Nissan reg. cab 4cyl 4x4 hardbody D21 pickup. For my application, it seems that the Nissan would suit my needs better with its excellent maneuverability. So, I am looking for recommendations as to what the best plow would be for my truck. I am willing to spend what is needed to get something quality built that will hold up, so cost is really not an issue at this point.

Thanks for your help,

Captain Tim Bland
    Downeast Yacht Services
    Custom Marine Fabrication and Service
    Full Line Amsoil Dealer
    Ellsworth, ME
    207-577-0819

2. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

Best bet is to get a Fisher or Blizzard for the Dodge workhorse, and leave the Nissan for really light duty work, like daily driver. My 2 cents.

-Thann

3. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Sounds like good advise since you have that Dodge and are from Maine get the Fisher.

4. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

Snoway makes a plow that will fit...you could put a snobear on it, but with the snoway you get powerangle and downpressure...hows your D21 holding up?...I just put 97,000 on my 1997.

5. captntim

captntim Member
    from Maine

Thanks for the replies...I know, the dodge does seem like the obvious choice, however everything I have to plow is tight and narrow and the parking lot is a funny L shape, none of which is easy to maneuver my quad cab in, let alone with a plow. Of couse now I had to go price out some plows for it....the wife is not happy :nono:

Anyway, dirtdigger...I checked out the Snow Way website and their stuff looks pretty good, not to mention they have a 7'6" plow with a poly moldboard that only weighs something like 350#...sounds like just the ticket.

The D21 is holding up great, I got a great deal on it a few years back; NO rust and 100K on the clock. It is a little short on power, but for some of the tight driveways and roads a few of my customers feel they must store their boats, it is a great tool.

Thanks again

6. bryanj23

bryanj23 Senior Member

Snoway Plow

When I was looking I got very reasonable quote from plowsunlimited.com. They turn your request for a quote over to snoway direct as I understand it. I didn't buy just because it was still a little more than my pocket book can handle right now but it might be worth a look to ya. Good luck to ya.