1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for 1991 Tacoma?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Wescustogo, Jan 30, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Wescustogo

Wescustogo Junior Member

I got a 1991 Toyota Tacoma reg cab and can't seem to find a plow for it. Any ideas?

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Do you know your 91 isn't a Tacoma

3. Wescustogo

Wescustogo Junior Member

Whoops its the t100

4. Antlerart06

That's big difference

In case you didn't know Tacoma did come out till 1995
    So a 91 is just a Toyota Pickup
    I see so many people calling 89-94 models Tacoma

5. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Actually, T100 is the "pre-Tundra" version. The first generation Tundra is basically an updated version of the same truck, the code-name for it was T110. The second generation Tacoma (2005+) is also an updated version of the same truck, code named T120.

I wonder if a 1st generation Tundra kit would fit it?

6. Antlerart06

I know but The OP first post was He had a 91 Tacoma and his title I was just telling him wasn't a Tacoma if was a 91

in Red what you talking about same truck A Tundra is bigger frame and body then a Tacoma

7. jasonv

from kannada

If you're comparing CURRENT VERSIONS, yes. But both CURRENT VERSIONS are larger than the older ones. Current Tacoma is nearly the same size as OLD Tundra, but more importantly, the FRAME is basically the same.

And FYI: There are FIVE different sizes of frames available for CURRENT Tacoma;
    2wd,
    2wdV6 (aka xrunner),
    4wd 2-door,
    4wd accesscab / 4wd doublecabSB,
    4wd doublecabLB.

The clarification I was giving you is that a "Toyota Pickup" is NOT a "T100". They are TOTALLY different.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  8. Antlerart06

What are you talking about Im lost Where did I say anything about a T100
    Let me slow this down for you
    The OP said he had a 91 Tacoma OK
    I was telling him Tacoma didn't start till 95 OK
    In 91 they was called Pickup OK
    Yes he has a T100 and yes its not same as a 91 pickup or a 95 newer Tacoma
    I owned 93 SR5 Pickup I owned a 94 T100 I own now a 98 Tacoma 02 double cab, 2010 double cab

So next time Read the title of the thread {{{ Plow for 1991 Tacoma }}} Are you fallowing me now Everybody knows they didn't make a 91 tacoma

9. jasonv

from kannada

He said he had a T100, then YOU went on and started calling it something it wasn't.
    Look at what you're QUOTING in post #4.

10. Antlerart06

Where did I call it something different

You took it wrong

11. Antlerart06

I forgot one thing the part 89-94 are called pickups If you know about Toyota's
    You seen that and know I was talking about the pickups T100 didn't come out till fall of 91

12. Antlerart06

I look it up I was wrong wasn't until late 92 and they called them 93 models I couldn't remember for sure

So saying that The OP doesn't even have a 91 T100

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_T100 this info on T100

13. jasonv

from kannada

Well next time you post something, read it first and ask yourself how other people will read it.

14. jasonv

from kannada

He probably doesn't know what year it is.. but the big label on the side that says "T100" is obvious every time he sees the truck.

15. Fannin76

Fannin76 Senior Member

Such an argument over a POS Toyota

16. Fannin76

Fannin76 Senior Member

And neither one of you answered his question

17. jasonv

from kannada

That is incorrect. Before that other guy decided to derail this thread, I certainly did answer the question.

18. jasonv

from kannada

If your definition of POS is anything that makes your american trash look stupid...

19. Fannin76

Fannin76 Senior Member

I didn't really mean POS I don't know how good of a truck you have....I was just getting upset that these two were arguing over something so trivial as the model of your Toyota. is this truck the size of a ranger or s10? Or is this more like a half ton? If its not least a half ton I wouldn't recommend plowing with it

20. jasonv

from kannada

A T100 or first gen Tundra is about the smallest truck you'll be able to find from the north american market that can fit a 4-foot sheet flat in the bed. Some of them have full 8 foot length, depending mostly on CAB size. That would clearly put them into the "bigger than s10" category.

Older Tacoma and pre-Tacoma would be about the same size as an S10, would be happy with a 6.5' plow. Current Tacoma is definitely larger than an S10, min 7' plow. My last truck was a 00' S10-ZR2 (the largest option for S10), currently, '11 Tacoma. The Tacoma is both wider and longer than the S10. You can't fit a 4' sheet flat in the Tacoma bed, but this seems to be just in order that they only need one bed mould (it has a fiberglass bed). The 4wd Tacomas are wider than 2wd (including longer axle), but the bed is moulded for the 2wd axle.

"Technically", based on load capacity, most (current) Tacomas are in the half-ton range. Mine is 10 pounds shy of 3/4.