1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for 1500HD

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by kdwashman, Aug 7, 2011.

1. kdwashman

kdwashman Junior Member
    from pa

I am looking to buy an 8' 2 boss power v plow for my 06 1500 HD. How would you prepare this truck for this plow?I will use it for a 3/4 acre lot and a few driveways, no commercial stuff. I have talked to the boss dealer he says mounting this plow is no problem. He says they will crank the bars to level the truck. This is my daily driver and I don't want to have too rough of a ride. I will lift the truck if I have too, because I am concerned about CV angles. The truck is stock and has a front axle weight of 4410. It also has 4.10 gears. Is this too much plow? The plow i think i can get for 2800 with everything included. It is 4 yrs old and in good shape. Good deal? Thanks for the help.

2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

this specific topic has been dealt with about 2 years ago, do a search for the 1500hd and you should find what you are looking for

3. Bigcat99

Bigcat99 Senior Member

Appropriate ballast to go along with timbrens and/or cranking the t-bars is all you need.