1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for 1/2 ton

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by sharpm3, Oct 14, 2006.

1. sharpm3

sharpm3 Junior Member

I was looking in to buying a plow for my 2000 Chevy Silverado 1500. I would not be doing commercial plowing just around our farm and some driveway's. I was looking into plows and liked the looks of Blizzards 760LT plow. What do you guy's think? Would it be to much plow or be ok. Also should i get Timbers or not? If not a blizzard what would you recommend.
  2. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Welcome to the site. Take a look at the attached link, it's my 2000 Chevy with the Blizzard 760LT. I added Timbrens last year and it made a huge difference in how the truck sat and carried the plow. As for the plow, I like it. No problems with it at all, easy to connect & disconnect, all around been a very good plow. I plow some smaller commercial lots but mostly driveways, all of which are very long as we are in a mostly rural area. Only negative thing and this has nothing to do with the plow itself but my truck runs hot after transport because the air gets blocked from entering the front of the truck. I added an Airfoil last year, it may have helped a little but still have the problem. I think it would happen no matter what plow I have.

3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Thats the perfict choice of plow for that truck.