1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for 1/2 ton pick up

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by luky013, Feb 15, 2016.

1. luky013

luky013 Junior Member

Looking for a plow for a Ford F-150. Any recommendations? I have Boss plows on my other trucks and I like them a lot but worried a Boss might be to heavy on a 1/2 ton truck.
  2. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

Use the search thread. This subject has been beat so many times. But I believe the boss htx is made for half tons. We had a 7.6 on a 2003 Chevy 1500 that lasted 10 years
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

They make a verity of plows,
    Your not really going to find any weight differences that will be of any great significance among brands, go with what Ya know.
  4. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

Boss makes a plow for a 1/2 ton. Check their website. If you run boss already I'd stick with them.
  5. ggb6259

ggb6259 Senior Member
    from SW MI

Boss, Western, Fisher, Meyer, Snowdogg, SnoWay all make plows that work on the 1/2 ton trucks.

Use the plow selectors each manufacturer has and factor in local dealer support if you are not mechanically inclined and then price...

Price is not always apples t apples. watch for inclusion / exclusion of the shoes/deflectors..
    And warranty varies.

What year F150?

6. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

What brand has the best dealer support by you? Stay w/ your big 3, that being Boss, Western/Fischer or Meyer. When u go to lesser brands, parts availability will be an issue sooner or later.
  7. dstifel

dstifel Senior Member
    from Iowa

I'll vouch for the western hts but do agree with others if your happy with your boss dealer stick with them.
  8. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

western makes a nice midwieght
  9. Avalanche 2500

Avalanche 2500 Member

Look into Snowdogg MD75 400lbs. Stainless, the $$ are right!!!
    Good luck,+:drinkup::drinkup:
  10. racingmt

racingmt Member