1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for 06' F350 EXt cab, short bed pickup

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Sabsan84, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Sabsan84

Sabsan84 Senior Member

I am new to plowing for myself, and have always worked for another co. I want to put a good plow on my 2006 F350 diesel pickup, it is auto , 4x4 and has plow prep package, also it is an extended cab, shortbed. I have been considering a fisher 8ft minute mount, quoted 5000 plus tax installed, and 4600 plus tax installed. any suggestions, perhaps better prices. I was considering used for under 2000, so I was told. Any suggestions welcome.

Also, what are competitive hourly rates for subing and how to bid small commercial lots, like gas stations or markets,

thanks again,

2. Sabsan84

Sabsan84 Senior Member

bump to top, any suggestions, someone must have a Ford F350 diesel
  3. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

if your gonna spend that kind of money get an xblade. scrapes nicer than the HDs and backdrags amazing. you could however find a nice used 8 foot HD like u said. there are alot of those plows around i would look now if thats the route u go.
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Go with a Boss V Plow.
  5. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

5000 for an 8ft straight? The dealer a couple towns away from me is 5075 for an xls.... I doubt thats installed but still I would spend the extra money for something bigger and better if you are going to buy new. Like Grandview said, V is also an option.
  6. Sabsan84

Sabsan84 Senior Member

yeah 5K for an 8ft straight, thats what I said, that is crazy!!
  7. Shortstuff

Shortstuff Member

Sab, I sent you a private message.

8. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

8'2" boss v-blade best you can buy and you won't regret it.
  9. chasity2682

chasity2682 Member
    from canada

Whats a better plow western or boss
  10. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

All opinion. Think of it this way too, do you want a lift chain or direct lift?
  11. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Western 8.5 or 9.5 V is the way to go. If its contract work your doing go with a wideout, or ask for more $$$ if working as a sub. FYI-Our subs get paid more for a Wideout than a V, and we dont entertain anyone with a straight blade.
  12. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

After you leave the strip club you'll have a straight blade!:nod:
  13. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran