1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow For 06 2500 Cummins Dodge?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by rubiconwestern, Jan 28, 2009.

1. rubiconwestern

rubiconwestern Junior Member

I'm up in the air on what plow to get for my 2006 cummins dodge 2500. I've allways used Western staight plows and love them. However, I want a v plow this time. I'm looking at western and Boss, what do you guys think. and what size? ANd if anyone has one for sale let me know. thanks

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Stick to your guns and wait for a V. They will save lots of time and agrevation.
  3. Booman70

Booman70 Senior Member

If you go with a V get 9'2" the 8'2" are to small when at full V your tires will be in the snow
  4. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

5. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 9'2" Boss V on mine and it works good.
  6. rubiconwestern

rubiconwestern Junior Member

still looking for a v plow for my 06 dodge 2500. let me know what you have
  7. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Have you been looking for one? If so you missed a hell of deal on a V set up for a 06 Ram...was for sale on here for a while. Dirt cheap too.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

In a few weeks people will be giving them away.... This is the time to restock for next season IMO.
  9. Minnesota Snow

Minnesota Snow Junior Member

Boss Power V

I have an 8'2" Boss power V plow for sale. It is in brand new condition. I have used it once to plow my driveway and I realize i dont need it with two skid loaders in the shed. Great plow with an excellent cutting edge. It has mounts and wiring harnesses for a 2011 dodge ram 2500, im sure it could easily be adapted to a 2006 though. Call or text if interested 507-421-4073.
  10. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 Senior Member

go with either a western v, a landscaper i know runs all western v plows and 2 boss v plows wich came with the trucks he bought. but he loves the westerns and would not go for anything else and he hates the boss. that truck could handle a 9.6 with ease
  11. forwhlr989

forwhlr989 Member

i have an 8.5ft western mvp complete set up for sale. theres some pics in the for sale section if your interested. have mounts and wiring for your truck to.
  12. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

boss VXT!Thumbs Up
  13. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

V for sure! I have 3 Ram's with Fisher V's and XLS. go 9.2 or bigger.
    You barely see a 8.2 without markers on the truck.