1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for 05 F150

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by RBEnterprises, Nov 21, 2010.

1. RBEnterprises

RBEnterprises Junior Member

Just go a "new" F150 for a daily driver, family hauler. I wanted to hang a Western HTS off the front, but the Western site says I'm only good for the suburbanite with my 3700 lb. front axle rating. If I list my axle rating as 3900, then it says I'm good for the HTS. What's the difference in the rating? Can I just upgrade the springs or is there more to it than that? Thanks.

2. yamahatim

yamahatim Senior Member

I had an HTS on my 2004 F-150 Supercab FX4, and now I have it on my 2010 Supercab 4x4. Works great.

3. RBEnterprises

Do you know what your front axle rating is? I just don't want to overload the front axle. I thought if I could just upgrade the springs, it would be an easy fix and I could get the plow I want.

4. yamahatim

yamahatim Senior Member

My rating is 3900#. What model of F-150 do you have? The HTS only weighs 412lbs.

5. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Not sure what my front axle rating was but I out a 7'6" boss standard duty on my old 04 F150. It handled the plow awesome. Infact I went to the boss dealer and had an 8'2" vee hooking on and the dealer and I both agreed it would be fine. I had a 2" leveling kit in the front.

6. RBEnterprises

I have the SuperCrew XLT, the owners manual says not to hang a plow off it, but I thought if I went light enough, I would still be okay. I might just put timbrens on and hang the HTS off the front and not worry about it.

7. yamahatim

yamahatim Senior Member

I believe the Supercrew and Supercab have the same wheelbase if the Supercrew is the 5.5' box and the Supercab is the 6.5' box. I am assuming you looked at the sticker in the door to determine you had the 3700# axle and not the 3900# axle?

Either way, I think your truck will handle an HTS just fine.