1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow folding

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 1 bad bolt, Jan 8, 2009.

1. 1 bad bolt

1 bad bolt Member

i have a new standard duty 7.5 on my silverado and when i attempt to push anything heavy with out taking a full pass the blade is constantly folding , i do have my shoes on the plow and only plow my drive way is there a reason or anything i can do to stop or help prevent this from happening?
  2. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

Sounds like you need to tighten up your springs. Possibly add or replace over worn springs. Also, check your A frame pivot point...make sure it's not broke, loose or stretched.
  3. 1 bad bolt

1 bad bolt Member

i will check the a -frame to make sure its not broke, i couldnt see the springs being worn since i have only used the plow 3 times and the plow is brand new. is it possbile to add more springs to my set-up? also how tight should the springs be?
  4. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

The new standard duty plows come in with a super duty plow box. This means it should come with the 4th trip spring and a shock absorber. The springs should be tightened to where you can fit a business card in between the springs.
  5. 1 bad bolt

1 bad bolt Member

ill have to check with a buisness card and i only have 3 springs on my set-up :confused:
  6. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

Only the new standard duty plows come with the shock absorber.
    Previous years standard duties are set-up to accept the shock absorber, but is an option...
    It is sold as a kit -- part # STB04816 for about $70