1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Fluid

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jcgoodwrench, Jan 25, 2005.

1. jcgoodwrench

jcgoodwrench Junior Member

Can you use regular blue plow fluid like meyers fluid in a snoway plow??

2. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

I would find out from snow way what it uses for fluid so that you do not void any warranty

3. cdianora

cdianora Junior Member

Meyers Fluid giving me the blues

I am havinga problem with my pump freezing almost every storm. I was told to use the blue fluid instead and am considering that for the next storm. Any feed back would be much appreciated. Thanks

4. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

How cold are we talking about here.

If your plow is freezing up you may have a problem with moisture getting into the system.
    Switching to blue fluid wont help if that's the problem.

As far as the blue fluid goes, it should work in any plow made.
    But you may have warranty issues as dmjr77 stated.

I have used it in my past 2 plows, and in my new (1 year old V plow)

5. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

You have moisture in your system. Your entire system (pump, hoses ,and angle rams) must be warmed well above freezing and flushed. Meyer recommends naphtha for flushing the system. Keep your system in good shape, (no pits in rams and such) and flush once a year and never have plow freeze ups....

6. bushwoods1

bushwoods1 Member

Lawnmedic,
    What is naphtha? Never heard of it, or does it go by another name. I'll be looking to flush out my system at the end of the year, and since you mentioned it, I thought I'd ask. You can PM me with the info if you like, or I'll check this thread later. Thanks, Bill