1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow fittment chevy 2500 1997

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by fingers1126, Jan 8, 2010.

1. fingers1126

fingers1126 Junior Member

im looking at a fisher speedcast plow guy says it is from a 1999-1997 chev 2500...... just curious if it will fit my truck a 1997 2500 .... some people say it wont just not sure dont want to buy junk but also dont want to miss out either.....i was told hydraulics go on the drivers side but computer is there so wont fit looking for any help new to plows.. here is link to pic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

try calling fisher.... or do an ebay search of that plow set up and see if there are any 97 2500 chevys with it on them

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

There are a bunch of problems for you.

First, it's illegal to install a conventional mount plow on a vehicle manufactured after 1/1/94.

That pump wont fit easily on a Vortec 350. Fisher did do an engine driven hydro setup on Vortec engines 96 up for the early hydro MM plows. But they used a very small pump with remote reservoir.

And you are correct there is no good place to mount the valve body under the hood.

The mods it would require to get that going on your truck would far outweigh the few bucks you might save upfront.

Do yourself a huge favor, keep looking.

BTW, what's he asking for that setup?

4. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

he could always swap out his pulley set up for an older style non vortec 350... i don't see it being beneficial.. but it would work.

what do u mean when u say "conventional mount plow on a vehicle manufactured after 1/1/94" i never heard this before so i'm just curious

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards prohibit the mounting of that plow. I haven't actually read the document, and everytime I search here for it I can never find it. I believe there have been instances of occupants in other vehicles being injured/killed by the push plates and/or lift arm.