1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow fit

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by concreteguy, Nov 20, 2011.

1. concreteguy

concreteguy Senior Member

I have a 04 chevy cc short box w/ duramax. Will a wideout/ v-plow fit on this truck or just stick with the ultra it already has, Also can I at least upgrade to a pro-plus
    Tom

2. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

That truck will hold about any plow you want it too.

3. concreteguy

Thanks for the input. I was thinking about a 8-6 Western v-plus

4. Weenuk

Weenuk Senior Member

Go to Western website and follow the quick match system. Type in the make and year of your truck. All the models of Western plows that fit your truck shall be listed..

5. concreteguy

They say 8' or 8-6 pro plow. I was trying for a little more production out of the truck. I've seen in some sigs that the had wideout or blizzard and was wondering if I would be able to put it on my truck

6. Weenuk

Weenuk Senior Member

Look at the difference in weight between the Wide Out and Pro Plus. Also the mechanics of the wings opening/shuting on the Wide Out is harder on the front end. Could upgrade and change the front suspension on your truck to avoid front end sag of the 900lb Wide Out. Would also require weight in your box to accomadate the front end weight. Also another thing to think about. The company I purchased my Western would not install the Wide Out on my truck due to Ministry Of Transportation rules on over loaded front end limit and Western would not offer a warranty....

7. concreteguy

Good fuel for thought, thanks. Tom