1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow fit in bed of truck?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by revdwg, Jan 10, 2013.

1. revdwg

revdwg Member
    from canada

im am thinking about purchasing a 8'2" boss v xt plow and was wondering if it fit in the bed of my short box 2500 ram. i know it will stick out the back some but will it fit in between the wheel wells?

2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

yes it should no problem

3. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

48" between the wheel wells, I doubt the mole-board is over 48"... So yeah, bring plenty of ratchet straps to keep the headgear from flopping around.

4. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

if itsbrand new and still in the shipping crates yes if its all put together yes besides a 8'2" in v is about 90 inches wide

5. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

I've hauled a 9'2" VXT in the bed of both the short box and 8' box no problem at all. You won't have to worry about the headgear bouncing around if it's assembled either ... it won't move anywhere. The guy that bought my old 9'2" VXT also hauled it away in a short box Chev no problem. You'll definitely have no problems at all.

6. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

fully built , in straight position , use a machine and place it face ( moldboard ) down . call a tow truck ( wrecker ) when your home, to lift it out .

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Don't do that unless you pull the pump cover and install a pipe plug in the breather first. You'll end up with a heck of a mess otherwise. :D

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

plow in back of truck.jpg

9. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

Guess I should have mentioned that ... I always carried them in the v-position, upright as they sit in the driveway ready to mount. No problems.

10. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

with dailgate down probably, well i put a 9'2" v xt in a shortbed before.. shouldnt be any problem