1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow fit a 1985 Ford?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by pheasantfarmer, Nov 19, 2010.

1. pheasantfarmer

pheasantfarmer Member
    from MN

I am looking at a good deal on a 7.5ft western. I have a 1985 ford 6.9 diesel and the plow is from a 1988 Ford Truck. I know these are 2 different generations but did they change much of the frame? It is an A-frame mount so will it fit a 85, or can it be reasonably easy to adapted it to work?

Thanks for all your time! I wish there was a chat function so i could just ask this question instead of writing a thread for it sorry guys!
  2. pheasantfarmer

pheasantfarmer Member
    from MN

Anyone I kinda need to know asap! Thanks
  3. oman1999

oman1999 Senior Member

I know that unimount says 87-91 was it's own deal as far as mounting.

Then again, a good fab shop or someone with a welder and some tools can do just about anything to make it fit and function poperly.

:mechanic: :drinkup:
  4. pheasantfarmer

pheasantfarmer Member
    from MN

Thanks yeah that is what I thought after looking on western website....but yeah i am sure it could be made to work, well anything can be made to work, with enough time and $$$$!
  5. hightop

hightop Member

If it's unimount, the mount is the same for 80-91, mount assembly 61400. It will work fine.