1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow finally on & Timbren issue

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RPMAK, Nov 19, 2003.

1. RPMAK

RPMAK Member

Well finally got the 6.5 Fisher on my 99 toyota extra cab last night. Installed the Timbren got the the left side in fine the right side of the truck was a whole different story. Went to losen the original one and snapped the bolt, so I found my self getting the old drill and tap set out. Boy that was a whole lot of FUN!!!!!.
    Anyway hooked the plow up and still have some sag in the front when the plow is up in the air. I was wondering if I put bags, of salt or sand in the rear would this level the truck out?

I will post pictures soon just have to wait until this rain stops, wish it was snow!!!!
  2. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

whats up the timbrens only help when the load is heavy sso you are still gonna sag.i dont want to hurt feelings or cause problems but its a toyota it will sag alot anyway.and sand or ieght in the back will help it you should put it back there anyway.goodluck
  3. pjaln

pjaln Junior Member
    from mass.

my 01 tacoma xtra cab with a 6foot 8 minute mount on it with the timbrens stills sags a little too i dont think there is much else to do if you see gmc,s or chevy,s they are pretty low when the plow goes up it is just the nature of the IFS,my f350 would hardly even move with the plow up my mechanic snapped of the old bumper when installing the timbren but it was the one closest to the front of the truck ,he then realized that it is the rear one that is supposed to be replaced they both came out ok,did you replace just one bumper with one timbren on each side?i was wondering if it would help to put 2 timbrens on each side? paul
  4. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

shut up son you have a baby chevy 1500 which is the same type of truck.hes got a nice heavy fisher on his truck not a toy sand shovel like you have on the front of yours.come over you can play in my sand box with your truck it should fit:D
  5. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

You need ballast

Yes, you should have some ballast in the rear of your truck. It should be behind the rear axle. I'd say something like 300-400 lbs. maybe that is too much for a Toyota, but I really don't know.
  6. pjaln

pjaln Junior Member
    from mass.

is your truck a v6 or 4 cylinder stick or auto?and does it have the stock sort of oversize tires? i know from talking to my fisher dealer he says that the only way they can put a 6,8-plow on toyotas ,which i think are the same weight as your 6,5plow that they dont offer anymore is that it has to be a standard cab and a 4cylinder stick,told me that the 6cyl. is enough to put the front over the gvw.and it must have the 31inch tires i could,nt find this info on the fisher site it is just what my dealer told me

7. RPMAK

RPMAK Member

Thanks for the support!! on the Toyota it's a good truck! Anyway it's a 4cyl with a 5spd and extra cab, my buddy has the same truck with the 6.5 Fisher on it it seems to handle plowing very well. The reason why the Fisher dealer is telling you the plow is only recommended on the reg cab and 6cyl is because the do not have any data on the extra cab. Toyota also does not recommend it due to it voids the warrenty. My a 1999 out of warrenty so does really much matter. I took some pictures over the weekend and will post them as soon as I down load them. The Truck looks awesome with the plow.
  8. hbrady

hbrady Senior Member

9. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

thats a very nice looking plow