1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow fell off

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by B&K LawnCare, Feb 11, 2010.

1. B&K LawnCare

B&K LawnCare Member

This year we purchased two 8100's and one 8611 power hitch two. Two weeks ago one of the roll pins fell out of an 8100 causing the main pin to disengage and drop that side of the plow. This wasn’t a big deal because he had just parked, to shovel, and noticed it. Today we where plowing out a lot and another roll pin broke same plow other side. this happened as the driver was pushing snow up the pile as he back up the plow came off the side that the pin had disengaged, and bent the other side of the plow hook up and the truck mount very badly. We were able to get the plow off and go get another push beam to hook it back up to get the plow to the shop to bend it back. My question is why is this happening. Is this just a defect from blizzard that needs to be changed? Luckily we haven’t been going down the highway when this happens.
  2. billet-boy

billet-boy Member

Well i had the left side push plate pin fall out, but didn't do any damage got the jack out and put it back in place. luckily i had an extra pin and clip in the truck it was just a minor slow down.
  3. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

If you're talking about the pin that holds the plow undercarriage to truck,Blizzard has an updated pin that is much harder. Your dealer should of got an update bullitiun with the new harder pins.
  4. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Pics Please?
  5. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

will get pics of the 8100 with bent mount pins bent wings broken light housing that cracked apart and now when you put it in bucket blade position on the coutroler only one wing moves lol I think dd is trying to phase out blizzard with bad product and the good news is in march with a 3% price increase on all orders:realmad:
  6. billet-boy

billet-boy Member

Yea my dealer did put the hardened pins in i just lost the clip that holds the pin in. Found the actual pin and put it back in with new clip.
  7. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Don't know if that's the case. It sounds like D&D stuff across the board is junk. My D&D 810 right side wing had the stops misplaced and welded together and didn't take a light bump into the curb. Of course no warranty.
  8. Chad56

Chad56 Junior Member

Seen three/four this year with bent or missing roll pins. Keep an eye on it if it has happened to you. This can cause the light tower to come back and hit the hood / grill area and damage it. Even if you have the new mount adapters and pins installed from the recall. Your dealer should cover the repairs. Also if your not happy having pins in your mount adapters try using bolts. No chance the carter pin we accidently get pulled out.