1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow electric pull

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by aceventura2225, Oct 24, 2008.

1. aceventura2225

aceventura2225 Junior Member

I recently installed my western pump cable operated one. When i hit the controls everything dims. Is this normal? when you are plowing, people will see your headlights dim? thanks.

2. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

mine dim a tad, and they will only notice if they are paying attention. One way to fix it is to either put a bigger alternator on your truck, or run dual batteries

3. casey8693

casey8693 Junior Member

check your cables for a good clean connections, the shorter the cables the better. My 86' 2500 needes two batteries for that problem but the 01' f150 is fine with one.

4. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Checking your cables and grounds like suggested is the 1st place to start.

I try not to use my headlights when plowing as it eats up to many volts I may need later in the night.
    Dual batteries are OK for small lots but on a bigger lot you will equalize the batteries and get he same problem.

Best solution is a bigger Alternator like has been mentioned above already.

Hope you get it worked out ain't nuthin worse then not being able to see.