1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow drops very slow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by asphalter1, Nov 10, 2002.

1. asphalter1

asphalter1 Junior Member
    from 08527

getting my 10' meyers ready to bring to site,hooked it all up, now when you lower blade it drops very slow is there a adjustment to drop faster.

2. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Thats funny you should post this. We just had a discussion on this about a Western dropping too fast and someone posted there was a way to adjust it to drop slower if wanted. That was on a Western though, not sure on a Meyers. Scroll a few topics down in this same forum, and you will see a post labeled "lowering a Western slowly?". Check it out. Maybe Meyers has same adjustment. You can make it faster or slower depending on your liking, quill adjustment. See i learned something by that topic and im passing on what i learned. Mike :drinkup:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2002
  3. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

before you start adjusting the pump itself, can you tell us what kind of myers it is?, is it cable operated or electronic?, did you look in the owners manual? (if you have it)

4. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

It should be the E-60 or E-60H pump. There are 2 5/8" size bolts in the front of the pump between the lift cylinder and valve body. The higher of the two has the adjustment screw. It is an allen type head. I am pretty sure it's a 5/8" bolt it may be 11/16, i am going by memory. Can't remember which way makes it drop faster or slower.

Geoff